Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Coma, coma, coma coma

So here is an attempt at a somewhat real update.

Me, I, him, that guy, this guy? What I do now- I'm currently working with my dad as a carpenter in training but basically as his bitch. I'm making decent money with the possibility to make great money in the future, if I stick with it. I actually am enjoying it. I haven't worked with my dad in a few years and my maturity has kind of grown in the fact that I'm not a little smart ass about everything he asks me to do. We work sporadic hours. Usually from 7am to 3:30 or 4. It's quite a drastic change from my hockey rinks/paper route work schedule and I am still getting used to it. My biological clock has already started to kick in though. One great thing about being up so early are the morning shows. I get to listen to KQ again. That makes the early part of the morning fly by. The half ass guys are still hilarious too. I try to listen to Common Man but my dad hates him and always wants to listen to Rush Limbaugh. I fucking hate that guy. Seriously, so worthless. That is the worst part of the day, when I have to listen to that swine in the afternoon. My dads convinced I'll convert and start to love him but thats just not happening. Another great thing about working normal hours is that weekends are actually weekends now. Before they were just days that I couldn't embellish because I had to do the route. Oh god, fuck the route, so happy to be done with that. The Legacy is also happy we're done. When I was doing the route I would have to fill up at least once, usually twice, a week. The last time I filled up was the Monday after my last weekend and I have been driving to Loretto every day for work. So do I still want to be a screenwriter? Of course I do. But this is what I'm doing now and I'm enjoying and embracing it. I need someone to go at screen writing along side with me. We will be the next Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

This past Saturday I went to Courtney Berglund's wedding. Pretty crazy that she got married. What is crazier to think about is how many people we know that are married/have babies. The baby tally is pretty ridiculous. These people make me feel old. The wedding ended up being a ton of fun and I got shitfaced. Some events happened later in the night that kind of tainted the evening as a whole, but the wedding was a blast and I'm happy that I went.

Today is the first knock out day of spring. It is gorgeous. So what am I doing? Sitting inside nursing an illness. I should be outside playing street hockey in the coldesac with all the neighborhood kids (think You, Me, and Dupree) but instead I'm quarantined to my room where for the past few nights I have been inhaling vitamin c tablets and sucking down cough drops while watching the NHL playoffs. It was a long winter and I thought I had made it the entire length without even a cold. I even said that out loud. But than it got cold and snowy/rainy one last time and that fucked me up. Plus there seems to be a bug going around. This is the most sick I have been in a long time. I really should go see a doctor but I have no health insurance at the time being. I'll check web md later. Who knows, maybe I'm dying. That would be a nice break from god that I would appreciate.

Despite being sick, this weather is reminding me of stuff and getting me excited. I'll just make a list:
  • Grilling.
  • Street Hockey.
  • Drive-In.
  • The State of the Tom Address
  • New outdoor ballpark for the Twins
  • Shorts
  • The fishing opener (I have the bug this year, I'm fishing a ton)
  • Bonfires
  • Lake Minnetonka
  • All of the above + drinking
Just a few things to look forward to I guess.

So with my new found income I think I'm going to join a health club to try and get back in shape and shed a few pounds. I'm hesitant to join Lifetime because I'd rather go to a place where I'm less likely to see someone I know, but I'll more than likely end up joining. I'm actually going to fix my old BMX bike soon. I know I have said that in the past, but I mean it this time. Justin has a rad set of tools here I can exploit so it's going to happen.

Ok, ending this abruptly.

1 comment:

ron said...

i wouldnt critique, but you are about to read my piece of shit post so I can't really say anything. I enjoyed it. I should say that lifetime is a fucking rip off. Look into "The Gym" it is off 55 by the wendy's and burger king. Laurenitis' dad owns it and my brother is a fan (not sure if he is still a member), but it is a lot cheaper than lifetime. I guess you should look into it for yourself. Milfs at lifetime are probably worth the admission though...