Monday, September 8, 2008

Same Shit, Different Year

Hello, hello, hello. As predicted, this blog took a back seat once summer took off. As also predicted, I return during the time of the fall. I'll stay away from a summer recap because, well, as Tom would put it, you were all there so you know what happened. Well almost all of you were there, at least the people that read this blog were. Mark missed out on the second half of summer and Sean missed out on the first half so those two can just converse and share notes. Noodles? Well I thought you would be here by my side now but your not. Froda? Well you disappointed me this summer so you'd probably rather not see a post about fun things that occurred while you weren't here. I'll just say that it was damn fun as usual and it's a bummer that people are gone. However, once people leave a new kind of fun begins, good ol' fall fun. It's a great time of year for the sports and sweatshirt lovers of America.

My plan? I thought I would be rolling in dough after a summer of work but work turned out to be patchy at best. I'm surviving, but barely. I had hoped to make enough money this summer so I could return to school with a more than full class load and not have to work at the same time. That obviously didn't happen. So I continue with my father and honestly, I'm more than ok with that. I really do enjoy learning something new every day about carpentry. It is a skill that is under appreciated and I'm more impressed with how much my dad knows each new day. I see myself in this career more and more as time goes on. My brother works with us every now and than and I can tell that he would much rather be working with us than in a career involving retail. It just sucks that construction is so down. People are watching every dollar they spend so it leaves us hanging. My dad has dropped his price as everything else in life's price seems to go up. It fucking sucks. But it's times like this that will make the 50+ hours of week, that are hopefully in the near future, bearable and allow me to be more appreciative.

Onto the things in life that make being poor worth living. First off, football. Yesterday was the first full day of NFL games and it was glorious. I brought the computer out into the living room and monitored my fantasy teams as the games went on. It's because of the NFL that if you have a boring Friday or Saturday, you don't care. That doesn't happen during the summer. I'm very pleased with my fantasy teams. Two out of three are stacked, and the other is a big question mark that will make me be a better manager. Having games back makes AM radio that much better too. Hour long segments of what people think will happen are now over. PA's retarded predictions are brought into reality. Common's retarded predictions actually come true. And Hartman is still a loser.

It is an election year. No one around here really seems to care, but thats no surprise. Sean cares though, so its nice to have at least one person to talk about it with- At least while drunk. I'm still 50-50 on who I'm going to vote for. I didn't learn anything from the conventions besides Obama is a good speaker and the Republicans know how to bring fire. So the debates will be worthy of watching. It's hard not to watch all of the shit and be completely cynical about politics. It's also hard not to be completely apathetic about the election because really whoever is elected wont matter to me, personally. That probably sounds pretty contradicting after the first couple of sentences of this paragraph, oh well. My dad told me once that a 20 year old who votes republican has no heart but a 30 year old who votes democrat has no brain. I laughed that off when he told me that but I guess its making more sense as I learn more about politics. All I know is that I don't agree with Obama's oil crisis resolution and that I am for drilling on US soil. I'll end it there because I really didn't want to get into it that much on here.

Monday Night Football tonight. I'm excited. People will probably come over to watch which will be cool because Andy just bought a 42 inch plasmaaaa... oh wait he mounted that in his room. Makes sense. I have one close match up in fantasy vs. Paul. He has Jennings going and I have Mcfadden. Should be a barn burner. I'm having issues trying to buy Stat Tracker. I think God is trying to tell me something though because it was this time last year that I made fun of people for being so cheap and not buying it. It was than that I actually over drafted. Whoops. So maybe I'll hold off and wait until my next paycheck to purchase it. Speaking of this time last year, I was in Young America driving an hour and a half during the week for school and being completely broke. Well while I'm not exactly mr. money bags right now (Come on Powerball!) at least I'm back around peers and not losing my mind out in the Y.A. It's good to have fall back.

What am I spinning these days? I kind of fell off the wagon as far as music goes. I lost some outlets to new music. I pretty much listened to the new album from The Hold Steady all summer. It was a nice soundtrack. Albert Hammond Jr. and the Islands new ones also found there way in the cd player at times. Right now I'm listening to the new one by TV on the Radio and it is pretty great. Definite thoy approval. If you have any new stuff, swing it my way because I'm in need.

The future of this blog is bright. I shall return with posts on a frequent basis. I need something to keep me occupied as the nights get longer. Hope people find this sacred place once again.

3 comments:

eganomics said...

First

Tom said...

I demand you finish off that case of 3.2 beer and make a post

Dan said...

I had given up on this blog like you have given up on me. But to my surprise the blog is back to life, maybe to your surprise i will come... .no wait i'm having a kid.